This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices of SurePay Online.
At SurePay Online, we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our online services. Therefore, as outlined below, we would like to share with you our information practices and other privacy aspects of our SurePay Online Website:
How do we protect your personal information?
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards. When you transmit your information to us, it is protected by:
- A secure Internet connection using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Encryption during transmission using 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Any storage of information on our computers is encrypted through our applications.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you use our online services, we collect the following types of information:
- Contact Information that you provide, such as your name, address, phone, e-mail address as part of the enrolment process. We use this information in the event we need to contact you about the SurePay Online service. We may also use your contact information together with your purchase history, to send you occasional promotional or marketing communications that may be of interest to you or to invite you to participate in service-related surveys. You may control the use of your contact information for promotional, marketing, or survey-related communications by specifying your contact preferences on receipt of the first or any correspondence from SurePay Online Inc.
- Verification Information such as your date of birth or Barbados Identification number to confirm your identity at the time of enrolment. To protect access to your account, we will also ask you to verify your identity in the event you contact Customer Support for assistance with your account. This information will only be used to verify critical information about you, including your contact information, in relation to your SurePay Online account.
- Bank and Payee Information such as bank account, routing number, and payee information is used to process payments on your behalf from your account. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- Other Information Sources. We may use sources outside of SurePay Online to verify or supplement the information you give us. For example, we may confirm or update your mailing address using directories or through change of address notifications. This helps us to ensure that your information is up-to-date.
- Closed or Inactive Accounts. If you are a former customer with a closed or inactive account, we treat your information in the same manner that we treat information about our current customers.
When do we share your information?
- We understand that you are entrusting us with your personal information. That’s why we don’t sell, rent, or share any of the personal information you provide to us with companies outside of SurePay Online for their own promotional or marketing use. There are occasions, however, where we must share your information to provide you with the services you requested or for legal reasons. Descriptions of when we share and whom we may share your information with are provided below.
- With Service Providers. In some cases, we use third party service providers to provide a product you order, to fulfil a service you request, or to market one of our products or services. These service providers act on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to provide customer support or to host our Websites. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information for their own purposes. Our contracts only allow service providers to use the personal information we disclose to them to provide you the service you have requested.
- With Partners. We have limited relationships with third party business partners to offer you products or services that we believe you may find beneficial. Some of these are co-branded products or services. We clearly identify partner services and sites, so you will know who is receiving your information. When you request any of these partner products or services, you are permitting us to provide your personal information to the partner to fulfil your request. We may also offer links to partner or other third party Web sites. We do not control the privacy or security practices used on these sites. Before you provide your personal information to these third parties, we recommend that you review their privacy policies to learn more about how they may use your information.
- Within SurePay Online, including among our subsidiaries. We may share your contact information, and the types of products and services you have purchased from us, among SurePay Online and our subsidiaries (companies that are part of our corporate family through SurePay Online ownership or control). We do not share your verification, bank or payee information with subsidiaries.
- Sale of a business. Should we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will have the opportunity to ask not to receive promotional information following any change of control.
- For legal reasons. In some cases we may be required to disclose certain information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law enforcement request, or as otherwise permitted by law to comply with legal requirements.
Can I opt-out of receiving future communication?
We may use your contact information to tell you about other products we think might interest you. However, if you don’t want us to contact you for promotional purposes, you can tell us when you receive the first or subsequent information that you wish to be removed from the list. Your contact preferences only apply to marketing contact. We may need to communicate with you regarding the usability of your product or critical messages relating to your service or software (such as service messages, subscription renewal notices, critical notices, or legally mandated notices).
How do I update my contact information?
You can update or correct your contact information relating to your SurePay Online account by:
- Visiting www.surepaybillsonline.com to change your security credentials
- Responding with your preferences after receiving your first non-solicitation offer
- Sending a request via fax: 1-246-437-7792
- Contact Us
Will I be notified of changes to your privacy practices?
- If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update our statement and post a notice on our site 30 days before they take effect.
- If you are a current customer, we may provide you with notice of our privacy practices annually. We may choose to provide this annual notice by postal mail, e-mail, or by posting it on our Website.
Who can I contact with a privacy question?
- If you have privacy-related questions that are not addressed here, please contact or write us at: Privacy Team, SurePay Online, Geddes Grant Building, Whitepark Road, St. Michael.
Tell Me More
- More about services offered on the SurePay Online.com site
- SurePay Online Enrolment.
The SurePay Online site is hosted by Prism Services Inc. on behalf of SurePay Online. Prism is not permitted to use your information for any other purpose than to provide you the SurePay Online services you are requesting. Prism Services Inc. is also the principal host environment for many commercial banking services in Barbados and is periodically audited by The Central Bank of Barbados for the security and protection of any transaction.
Receiving Bills Online.
- If you choose to receive bill balances online, your balances will be sent electronically or by e-mail to the SurePay Online processing centre. The information you provide to SurePay Online for these services, as well as your bills and billing information, is stored on SurePay servers using industry-recognized security safeguards. Bills are presented to you online within your password protected SurePay Online Service.
- Paper Billing Statements.
- Electronic Billing Statements.
- For some payees, SurePay Online can retrieve an electronic version of your bill directly from your payee’s Website. To receive bills this way, you provide SurePay Online with the user names and passwords for your payee Websites. SurePay Online downloads and saves an HTML or PDF representation of your bill. This service is not available in the initial release of SurePay Online Services.
- You may also have some payees send your electronic billing data directly to SurePay Online. SurePay Online verifies your payee account information with your payee and then instructs your payee to either display your bill information or transmit your bill information to SurePay Online.
- For payees from whom we do not receive billing data electronically, you may have your paper bills mailed to SurePay Online. Your paper bills are scanned into the SurePay Online system. Scanned bills are shredded prior to being discarded.
More about how we use Web technologies
- Like many Websites, we use a variety of technologies on our Website. Among these are cookies, which are pieces of information that our Websites provide to your browser. Cookies allow us to track overall site usage and determine areas users prefer. Cookies also allow us to customize your visit to our Website by recognizing you when you return. You can choose to decline cookies while at our Website, however, this may limit your ability to access certain areas of the Website. Most browsers accept and maintain cookies by default. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preference.
- When we track activity on this or other SurePay Online Websites, we collect information such as your IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our site and any links you click on to leave our site. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once your leave our sites. We use your Website activity to assist you by reducing the need to re-enter your data and to help us resolve technical support issues. We may also use this information to offer you a personalized Web experience and to tailor our offerings to you. Remember, you control whether you receive SurePay Online promotional materials.
- We may access and set cookies using Web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs which are invisible graphical images. These Web beacons tell us useful information regarding our site such as which pages users access. When we send you e-mails, we may include a single-pixel GIF to determine the number of people who open our e-mails. When you click on a link in an e-mail, we record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you.
- Advertising networks that serve ads on our Website may assign a different cookie to you. The information collected is anonymous and is not linked to your personal information. These cookies may be used to select which ads you see and determine the effectiveness of this advertising. You may choose to decline cookies from third-party ad servers, which SurePay Online does not control.
- To provide you with a seamless experience, we may occasionally use framing. Though your browser may indicate you are at www.surepaybillsonline.com , you may be on a partner’s site. To determine which site you are on, right-click on the page and then select “properties.” Mac users should press the control key, and click their mouse on the site and then look at “View Source.”
More about how we protect your information
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
- Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information and, using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, we restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.